EpicMag

Question:

When constructing or redesigning green cities, we try ________________

A. to make transportation more costly

B. to reduce the cost of solutions to the problem of air pollution

Correct answer

C. to use eco-friendly sources of energy

D. to make energy sources more appealing

Reply:

Knowledge: Reading Comprehension Explanation: When building or redesigning green cities, we try to __________. A. to make transportation more expensive B. to reduce the cost of solutions to the problem of air pollution C. to use environmentally friendly energy sources D. to make energy sources Energy sources should also be evaluated with the goal of minimizing air pollution. Energy sources also need to be evaluated with the goal of minimizing air pollution. Choose B. Translate the reading Translation: When people hear the word “city,” they often picture reinforced concrete, neon signs, and severe air pollution. Thanks to dedicated and intelligent architects, this image is starting to change. The concept of green cities is based on the purpose of bringing the beauty of rural environments to urban areas. It’s not just about the city looking better. These green cities are trying to improve working efficiency and increase living standards for people here. The term “green city” refers to cities where builders must consider environmental factors before the city is built or redesigned. First of all, green cities have more attractive landscape designs than traditional cities of the past. In addition, citizens’ convenient travel is also considered, so public transportation can become more convenient and travel time to work can be shortened. Energy sources are also calculated with the goal of minimizing air pollution. When it comes to “green living”, the city of Barcelona has gone a long way in this area. Since 1859, city designers have strived to create sustainable urban designs. Then in 1992, the city got the makeover it deserved before hosting the Olympics. In recent years, Barcelona has upgraded its transportation system. This reduces air pollution because more workers use public transportation instead of their own personal vehicles. Barcelona also boosts one of the best recycling projects in the world. Visitors will find clean, color-coded trash cans throughout the city into which they can throw their trash.

====== QUIZ ENGLISH 12 =====

1. A. allowed B. called C. shared D. motivated

Question:

A. allowed B. called C. shared D. motivated

Reply:

Knowledge: Pronunciation Explanation: A. allowed /əˈlaʊd/ B. called /kɔːld/ C. shared /ʃeəd/ D. motivated /ˈməʊtɪveɪtɪd/ => Option D has the underlined part pronounced /ɪd/, different For the remaining options, the underlined part is pronounced /d/. Choose D.

====== QUIZ ENGLISH 12 =====

2. A. romantic B. compose C. progress D. overcome

Question:

A. romantic B. compose C. progress D. overcome

Reply:

Knowledge: Pronunciation Explanation: A. romantic /rəʊˈmæntɪk/ B. compose /kəmˈpəʊz/ C. progress /ˈprəʊɡres/ D. overcome /ˌəʊvəˈkʌm/ => Option B has the underlined part pronounced /ə/, different with the remaining options having the underlined part pronounced /əʊ/. Choose B.

====== QUIZ ENGLISH 12 =====

3. After Patrice’s party. – Dick: “I enjoyed myself so much at your birthday party.” – Patrice: “______________”

Question:

A. Oh, I’m glad to hear that.

Correct answer

B. Oh, that’s kind of you

C. Congratulations! D. It’s a pleasure

Reply:

Knowledge: Communication situation Explanation: After Patrice’s party. Dick: “I enjoyed myself so much at your birthday party.” Patrick: “_______________” A. Oh, I’m glad to hear that. B. Oh, you’re so nice => Inappropriate meaning C. Congratulations! => Inappropriate meaning D. It’s an honor for me => Inappropriate meaning Temporarily translated: After Patrice’s party. Dick: “I enjoyed myself so much at your birthday party.” Patrick: ” Oh, I’m glad to hear that.” Choose A.

====== QUIZ ENGLISH 12 =====

4. At Linda’s new house. – Sandra: “What a lovely house you have.” – Linda: “___________”

Question:

A. No problem

B. I think so

C. Never mind. D. Thank you. Hope you will fall in. Correct answer

Reply:

Knowledge: Communication situation Explanation: At Linda’s new house. Sandra: “What a lovely home you have.” Linda: “____________” A. No problem. => Inappropriate meaning B. I think so. => Inappropriate meaning C. Don’t bother => Inappropriate meaning D. Thank you. Hope you’ll stop by. Roughly translated: At Linda’s new house. Sandra: “What a lovely home you have.” Linda: “Thank you. Hope you’ll stop by.” Choose D.

====== QUIZ ENGLISH 12 =====

5. I take my hat off to Ian – without him we’d have never finished this project on time.

Question:

I take my hat off to Ian – without him we’d have never finished this project on time. A. admire Correct answer B. congratulate C. encourage D. welcome

Reply:

Knowledge: Synonyms Explanation: A. admire B. congratulate C. encourage D. welcome => Take (one’s) hat off to (someone or something): admire someone = admire hats off to Ian – without him we would never have completed this project on time. Choose A.

====== QUIZ ENGLISH 12 =====

hoc tap vn

Bộ 30 Đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Giữa kì 2 có đáp án năm 2023

You couldn’t give me a helping hand, ___________?

Cho hàm số $f(x)$ có đồ thị hàm số $f^{prime}(x)$ như hình vẽ dưới đây. Có bao nhiêu số nguyên $m>-10$ để hàm số $y=f(x+m)$ nghịch biến trên $(0 ; 2)$ ? – Sách Toán

It is stated in paragraph 4 that unrecorded events _______.

(37) _______ , clearly it would be impossible for rooftop gardens to provide all the vegetables needed for a whole city, especially as rooftops are not the easiest places to grow vegetables.

GIÁO ÁN TOÁN 8 DẠY THÊM WORD

Trả lời

Email của bạn sẽ không được hiển thị công khai. Các trường bắt buộc được đánh dấu *